There are two options
: Imagining America Engagement Scholars
and Kauffman Entrepreneurship Engagement Fellows
Imagining America Engagement Scholars receive:
- An SU tuition scholarship of 24 credits (up to 9 credits in the fall and spring semesters respectively and six in the summer).
- Local job search assistance.
- Guidance from a faculty mentor.
- Monthly meetings to deepen your understanding of civic engagement and to build community with other engagement scholars.
This track encourages students to find expression for the same idealism that characterizes SU’s vision of Scholarship in Action in beginning careers in their chosen fields in Central New York. Building on their publicly engaged undergraduate educations, Engagement Scholars gain support to find and create pathways to publicly engaged professional lives.
Kauffman Entrepreneurship Engagement Fellows receive:
- An SU tuition scholarship of 24 credits (12 credits per semester) for graduate courses.
- Priority consideration for admissions to the M.S. program in Entrepreneurship, the M.S. program in Information Management, the M.S. program in New Media Management, or the CAS in Information Innovation: Social Media at Syracuse University.
- Admission to the Syracuse Entrepreneurship Bootcamp.
- Admission to the WISE (Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship) conference.
- Space and mentorship in the Syracuse Student Sandbox at The Tech Garden and/or the Couri Hatchery.
- Coaching from a faculty mentor.
- Networking opportunities with local organizations, programs, and activities.
- Access to alumni mentors.
We are looking for creative, energetic young scholars who will stimulate change, improve quality of life, and promote sustainable development in Central New York. Students must have a strong academic record, a history of effective experiential learning and/or a desire to contribute to Central New York’s social, cultural, and economic development, and be on track to graduate in May 2013.